Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Xterra Lory





Well raced the last Xterra in Colorado this past Sunday. The race was Xterra Lory which was held near Fort Collins, CO at Lory State Park. The swim was in beautiful Horsetooth Reservoir. The bike was a great fast, single-track loop around the Lory State Park Property. The run took place on the first 5 miles of the bike course. Pro triathlete Branden Rakita and I came out of the swim together and hit the bike course first. After him crushing me up the climb he was caught up with a flat tire on the descent. I came off the bike in Second place but hit the run in first place. However, I tried to go but the legs had nothing in them. Still was able to hold on to 3rd place overall and 1st Overall Amateur so I was pleased with that for this being a fun, training race. Like always my Giant Anthem X2 worked awesome out there and I can not thank Colorado Cyclist enough for all the great help as always. The best part about the whole day though was the fact that the race ended with a 40 foot slip n slide! That was awesome, not to mention refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment